- 1 What do you mean by accident?
- 2 What is the definition of an accident at work?
- 3 How to know if it is an accident at work?
- 4 When is it an occupational accident in itinere?
- 4.1 What does it mean because of or on the occasion of work?
- 4.2 How to explain to a child that it is an accident?
- 4.3 What are the most common accidents in children?
- 4.4 What accidents can children suffer?
- 4.5 What should be done when a child suffers an accident?
- 4.6 What does because of or on occasion mean?
- 4.7 What happens if I have an accident at lunchtime?
- 4.8 What does it mean that the risks of work are the responsibility of the employer?
- 4.9 What are the Work Risks in Ecuador?
- 4.10 What are the damages derived from work?
- 4.11 What are the risks covered by the IESS?
- 4.12 How much is the collation time?
- 4.13 What happens if you have an accident outside of work hours?
- 4.14 What happens if you have an accident outside of work?
- 4.15 What is organic or functional injury?
- 4.16 What exceptions exist for the concept of accident at work?
- 4.17 What is an organic injury?
- 4.18 What is first aid in children?
- 4.19 Why do accidents happen in early childhood?
- 4.20 How to avoid accidents in children?
It is defined as an accident, in other words, an unplanned and unwanted event that causes damage, injury or other negative impact on an object or subject. To take this definition, it must be understood that damages are divided into accidental and intentional.
What do you mean by accident?
An Accident is an unexpected event, which could not be foreseen and which, in general, causes damage, injuries or negative consequences: breakage of objects such as glass, pipes, car parts or physical damage such as burns, sprains, etc.
What is the definition of an accident at work?
Law 1562 of 2012 (General System of Occupational Risks) in its article 3 defines an accident at work as any sudden event that occurs due to or on the occasion of work, and that produces in the worker an organic injury, a functional disturbance or psychiatric, disability or death.
How to know if it is an accident at work?
For an accident to be considered as such, the following must be met:
- That the worker suffers a bodily injury. …
- If the injury is caused on the occasion of work for another’s account.
- The existence of a causal relationship between the injury and the performance of the work.
When is it an occupational accident in itinere?
A commuting accident occurs when a company employee suffers an accident on the way between home and work or vice versa. … According to the law, an accident at work is any bodily injury that the person suffers as a result of or related to their work.
What does it mean because of or on the occasion of work?
The causal relationship between the work and the injury: This classification applies if the work-injury relationship is direct or immediate (expression “due to”), or indirect or mediate (expression “on occasion”). The disability or death of the injured person.
How to explain to a child that it is an accident?
What is an accident? Which means that it is a situation that occurs suddenly, that causes injuries and is highly preventable.
What are the most common accidents in children?
Childhood accidents and prevention measures
- Falls. Children often fall or hit themselves. …
- Poisoning. Whether children become intoxicated depends largely on the parents. …
- drownings. …
- Burns. …
- Suffocation or choking.
What accidents can children suffer?
According to the National Center for Child and Adolescent Health, the most frequent accidents at home among children under 10 years of age are falls, burns, injuries, poisoning and drowning.
What should be done when a child suffers an accident?
If it is a contusion or blow, it is advisable to put an ice pack or cold water on the affected area, while if the fall has gone further and there is a fracture, try to immobilize the damaged limb with some rigid object, such as a stick or stake, until you reach the hospital.
What does because of or on occasion mean?
On occasion: when the accident occurs during an activity that is not usual or directly related to work, for example, to carry out the cleaning, the enzymatic detergent ran out and the operator went to look for it in the warehouse and when she was going she slipped down the stairs and fractured the humerus
What happens if I have an accident at lunchtime?
It is not an accident at work if the employee has an accident during his lunch break, even though he is on the company’s premises. … Thus, it is clearly established when we can talk about the occurrence of an accident at work and when not.
What does it mean that the risks of work are the responsibility of the employer?
347. – Work risks. -Work risks are the harmful eventualities to which the worker is subject, on the occasion or as a consequence of his activity. For the purposes of the employer’s liability, professional illnesses and accidents are considered occupational risks.
What are the Work Risks in Ecuador?
– The following are considered specific risk factors that entail the risk of professional or occupational disease, and that cause effects to the insured: chemical, physical, biological, ergonomic and psychosocial.
What are the damages derived from work?
Damages derived from work are illnesses, pathologies or injuries suffered due to or due to work. The most significant are accidents at work and occupational diseases.
What are the risks covered by the IESS?
The General Occupational Risk Insurance protects the insured and employers in the contingencies derived from work accidents and professional illnesses, through the application of prevention programs in Occupational Safety and Health and repair actions in the contingencies derived from accidents…
How much is the collation time?
In accordance with the provisions of article 34 of the Labor Code, the working day must be divided into two parts, leaving between them a period of time of not less than half an hour for snack, intermediate time that is not considered worked to compute the duration of the daily shift.
What happens if you have an accident outside of work hours?
Accident outside of working hours. … In such a case, as the worker is complying with an order of the employer, if he has an accident outside the company and outside of working hours, the accident is classified as work-related.
What happens if you have an accident outside of work?
One of the consequences of the seriousness of the sequelae that may be left to the injured party after an accident, whether on the road or outside working hours, is permanent disability. … It is equivalent to an absolute permanent disability for any profession or trade.
What is organic or functional injury?
The World Health Organization defines the injury as “Any alteration of the biopsychosocial balance” and the clinical definition of injury is: “The organic or psychic functional alteration consecutive to internal or external factors”.
What exceptions exist for the concept of accident at work?
What are the exceptions to the concept of work accident? “Strange force majeure” is understood as that unforeseen event that cannot be avoided, such as, for example, a hurricane, tidal wave, flood, etc.
What is an organic injury?
Taking into account the risks that exist when an employment relationship begins, accidents may occur, among which an organic injury can be found, this when the sudden event causes bodily harm or detriment to the worker, affecting the constitution of their tissues or organs so…
What is first aid in children?
First aid is the emergency measures that are applied when a person has suffered an accident or a sudden illness, until this person can receive direct and adequate medical attention.
Why do accidents happen in early childhood?
What are accidents in early childhood? Accidents are events that arise unexpectedly, happen without intention and may or may not cause physical and psychological injuries to children.
How to avoid accidents in children?
To prevent drowning:
- Keep small objects and toys such as beans, buttons, coins, marbles, among others, out of the reach of your children.
- Cut the food into small pieces and accompany the child while he eats.
- Never leave your baby unattended when nursing.
- Prevent the child from playing with plastic bags.